Innovative research efforts drawing from technological models, interviews, transnational data collection and electricity market simulations will yield state-of-the-art insights specific to the region. This newly created in-depth information renders the currently rather opaque conditions of a meshed grid in the Baltic Sea region transparent and accessible, outlining the necessary framework, possibilities and obstacles. The research is interdisciplinary, covering all major fields that influence Offshore Wind Energy infrastructure development, and international, investigating the national contexts of each Member State to come to a conclusion about the region.
- Intermediary report - policy & regulation
- Qualified Overview Paper: grid supply chain & related business opportunities for SME
- Technology catalogue, Cost model approach, Report & Scientific publication
- Impact mitigation strategy of the Baltic Offshore Grid
- Spatial maps of variations and optimisation of Baltic Grid component location
- Cost-benefit report for a meshed-offshore grid approach in the BSR
- High-Level Concept for the Baltic Offshore Grid
This Work Package is led by: Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden (EAS).