Final Conference "Baltic InteGrid: Towards a meshed offshore grid in the Baltic Sea" took place in Berlin
On 26 and 27 Februar 2019 the Baltic Integrid project has been concluded with a conference presenting the state of the art in offshore wind energy developments in the Baltic Sea Region and beyond. Among the speakers were Anne-Maria Ide from the DG Energy of the European Commission elaborating on the efforts towards the Energy Union in Europe as well as Giles Dickson from WindEurope who presented the past developments and current course of Offshore Wind Energy in Europe, as the world leader in this industry.
Furthermore, the Baltic InteGrid project could present and discuss the results and vision of the project towards a meshed offshore grid in the Baltic Sea region in the next decades (BOG 2050) with around 100 participants from research, policy and industry.
The end of the Baltic InteGrid project marked at the same time the beginning of the Baltic Offshore Grid Forum (BOGF), a network of major stakeholders and a series of events to further keep the momentum and advance the discussions about the challenges and opportunities of offshore wind energy development in the Baltic Sea region.
Please find the presentations of the speakers here:
- - Anika Nicolaas Ponder | IKEM - Introduction to the Baltic InteGrid project
- - Anne-Maria Ide | European Commission, DG ENERGY - Offshore wind and meshed grids: Innovative pathways for the Energy Union
- - Giles Dickson | WindEurope - Staying on course: Offshore wind leadership and the EU
- - Izabela Kielichowska | Navigant - Offshore wind and integrated markets: Chances for the Baltic Sea Region
- - Lykke Mulvad Jeppesen | Ørsted - Offshore wind and grid solutions in the Baltic Sea
- - Bénédicte Martin | IKEM - Policy and regulation: Steps towards meshed offshore grid development in the Baltic Sea
- - Ivan Savitsky | Carbon Trust | PROMOTioN project - Meshed offshore grids in the North Sea: Challenges, solutions and synergies with the Baltic Sea
- - Antje Orths | Regional Group Northern Seas | ENTSO-E - Grid development and offshore meshed infrastructure: Outlook on the TYNDP
- - Mariusz Wójcik | FNEZ - The Baltic InteGrid case studies on meshed grids in the South Baltic: Messages for policy and grid developers
- - Jonas Kraeusel | 50 Hertz - International integrated grid projects and offshore wind: A TSO’s perspective
- - Elke Kwapis | 50Hertz-Transmission & Vladislav Akhmatov | Energinet.dk - Spotlight: The Kriegers Flak Combined Grid Solution
- - Pierre Ståhl | Energy Agency of South East Sweden - A Baltic Offshore Grid by 2050: Roadmap and results
- - Thilo Krupp | German Offshore Wind Energy Foundation - Kick-off of the Baltic Offshore Grid Forum
Click here for more conference impressions.
See you at the next major offshore wind energy events in the Baltic Sea Region, especially at the Baltic Energy Industry Forum on 22 to 23 May 2019 in Warsaw (Poland) which is under the patronage of the BOGF.