A roadmap to pave the way into the future of Offshore Wind Energy development in our region: "Baltic InteGrid: towards a meshed offshore grid in the Baltic Sea"
As our final conference of the Baltic InteGrid project has taken place in Berlin on 26-27 February 2019, it brought along many of the concluding outputs of the project. We are glad and proud to be able to present you the results here in this article.
One of the main outputs is a culminating compendium of the research conducted in the different disciplinary fields of major importance for the development of offshore wind energy in general and an integrated electricity generation system and transmission grid in particular, focussing on the Baltic Sea region. The report "Baltic InteGrid: towards a meshed offshore grid in the Baltic Sea" is laying out the key findings of the project at length, which can be further studied in even more depth in the underlying reports from the different thematic working groups of Baltic InteGrid.
This report is available in two versions, the full report with elaborated analyses and discussions of the results including a Baltic InteGrid roadmap for the future of OWE development (BOG 2050) and an abridged version, compressing the findings in a more concise fashion.
Baltic InteGrid: towards a meshed offshore grid in the Baltic Sea (Final Report)
|Full Report||Summary Report|
Besides the comprehensvie and visionary report on meshed grid throughout the Baltic Sea (BOG 2050), two concrete Pre-Feasibility Case Studies for integrated offshore wind development with possible scenarios and steps towards a Baltic Offshore Grid have been developed - interconnections between Sweden and Germany, as well as between Poland, Lithuania and Sweden with varying degrees of OWE built out and integration.
PreFeasibility Case Studies - Towards a Baltic Offshore Grid: Connecting electricity markets through offshore wind farms
Furthermore, informed by and derived from the research conducted, throughout the lifetime of three years the Baltic InteGrid project produced several sets of concrete recommendations for the relevant stakeholders and descision-makers, particularly related to maritime spatial planning, policy & regulation, and the next Ten-Year Network Development Plan (TYNDP). These should inform and influence policy-makers and relevant stakeholders as they call to secure and organise maritime space for the optimised generation and transmission of offshore wind energy, ensure consistency between policies, facilitate cooperation among stakeholders, and raise awareness and acceptance among the public.
|Policy & Regulation||Martime Spatial Planning||the TYNDP|
The large array of detailed reports from the thematic research and working groups include the following and can be found in the download section of the website:
Policy & Regulation
- - Establishing a meshed offshore grid: policy and regulatory aspects and barriers
- - European and national offshore wind energy policy in the Baltic Sea Region – A regional status report
- - Legal and policy framework for power transmission and offshore wind power generation in Finland
- - International cooperation on the expansion of offshore wind generation capacity
- - Institutional framework for the development of offshore wind power projects
- - Economic considerations on the regulatory framework for offshore wind and offshore meshed grid investments
Market & Supply Chain
- - Qualified overview paper
- - Market analysis of the offshore wind energy transmission industry
- - Supply chain analysis of the offshore wind energy transmission industry
- - Assessment of Baltic hubs for offshore grid development: A report for the Baltic InteGrid project
- - Baltic Offshore Grid SME business cases: A report for the Baltic InteGrid project
Technology & Grid Design
- - Offshore wind power plant technology catalogue.
- - Lifetime estimation and performance evaluation for offshore wind farm transmission cables
- - Optimum sizing of offshore wind farm export cables
- - Metaheuristic-based design and optimization of offshore wind farm collection systems
- - Optimization of electrical infrastructure in offshore wind farms: A review
- - Heuristics-based design and optimization of offshore wind farms collection systems
- - Improved method for calculating power transfer capability curves of offshore wind farm cables
Environment & Society
- - Impact mitigation strategy of the Baltic Offshore Grid
- - Maritime spatial planning and the Baltic Offshore Grid: Status of the MSP process and grid variants
Martimie Spatial Planning
- - Towards a Baltic Offshore Grid: Connecting electricity markets through offshore wind farms.
- - Recommendations to the ENTSO-E’s Ten-Year Network Development Plan
- - Recommendations for the maritime spatial planning process
- - Paving the way to a meshed offshore grid: Recommendations for an efficient policy and regulatory framework
- - Cost-benefit analysis for an integrated offshore grid in the Baltic Sea